Vegan Pesto Pasta
Take your pasta game to the next level with this supercharged vegan pesto pasta dish!
If you love pasta (and really, who doesn’t?) then you’re going to LOVE this recipe. Unlike most pastas, which are loaded with unhealthy ingredients (especially dairy), this vegan pesto pasta is both nutritious and delicious.
What makes our vegan pesto the best-o? Superfoods!
Thanks to our Super Green mix and Skinny Protein mix, this vegan pesto gets an extra boost of nutrients.
One spoonful of our Super Green mix is the same as one serving of greens. So if you have a picky eater, this recipe is perfect for sneaking in some veggies!
The Skinny Protein mix also contains 3 green superfoods as well as two plant-based proteins: hemp protein powder and pea protein powder.
If you make this recipe, we’d love to know what you think!
VEGAN PESTO PASTA
SERVES 2 | VEGAN
• 1 tsp Super Green mix
• 2 tbsp Skinny Protein mix
• 2 servings pasta
• ½ cup basil leaves
• ¼ cup cashews
• 3 tbsp pine nuts (or cashews)
• 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
• ½ garlic clove
• ¼ cup water
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• salt, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor pulse the Super green mix, Skinny Protein mix, basil, cashews, garlic and pine nuts until finely chopped.
- While the food processor is running, slowly pour in the oil and water and continue to process until well combined.
- Season the pesto with salt.
- Toss the cooked pasta with 2-3 tbsp pesto until evenly coated.
- Spoon into a bowl and serve.
- Store the remaining pesto in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.