Vegan Caramel Apples (With Collagen-Boosting Superfoods!)
A dairy-free caramel apple recipe your tastebuds (and skin) will love.
What comes to mind when you think of caramel apples? The county fair? Amusement parks? Or maybe a Halloween party?
Wherever your memory takes you, one thing is for sure – caramel apples are an autumn staple. The only problem is, caramel is made with dairy – making this ooey-gooey treat a no-go for us plant-based eaters.
Today we’re honoring this fall favorite with a healthy, dairy-free recipe that tastes just as good (if not better!) than the original. Best of all? These vegan caramel apples contain our collagen-supporting Plant Collagen mix...
This plant-based beauty mix combines 6 organic superfoods (including powerful tremella mushroom and aloe vera) to hydrate your skin, and improve skin elasticity and texture. You’ll also get the benefits of tocos - an incredible skin-food that helps protect your natural collagen and prevent signs of aging.
Are you ready to get started? We hope you enjoy this delicious vegan fall recipe!
Vegan Caramel Apples Recipe
Makes 4 Apples | VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE
- 4 sticks (popsicle sticks, lollipop sticks or wooden skewers)
- 4 apples
- 15 Medjool Dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp almond butter
- Wash apples well and push sticks into apples and set aside.
- Add dates, almond milk, melted coconut oil, almond butter, and Plant collagen to a blender.
- Blend well until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Using a spatula, apply an even layer of caramel on the apples.
- Place finished apples on a tray lined with parchment paper and chill in the fridge for an hour.
Super Tip: Stir in 2 tsp of Magic Mushroom for a delicious chocolatey twist.