The Best Protein-Packed Banana Bread Recipe
VEGAN, SUGAR-FREE, PALEO
Banana bread – everybody loves it! It's just perfect to bring with you and eat on the go. Just grab a few slices and you're out the door! Why not make a version thats higher in protein to have something delicious as a post-workout snack?
We used our Plant Protein Mix which is made of pea protein, rice protein, maca root, lucuma and banana powder, and came up with this mouthwatering loaf of vegan and gluten-free banana bread!
The Best Protein-Packed Banana Bread Recipe Recipe
• ⅓ cup Plant Protein Mix
• 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
• 10 small pitted dates, soaked
• 3 small bananas
• ⅓ cup almond flour
• ⅓ cup quinoa or oat flour
• 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ¼ tsp sea salt
• walnuts, almond butter or raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the flax seeds with 2 tbsp water. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Blend all of the ingredients until smooth.
- Stir in the walnuts, almond butter or raisins, if using.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes or until the banana bread is firm and golden brown.
- Let cool before slicing.
Tip: You can use any Your Super mixes in this recipe!
Our favorite combinations are: