Turmeric Lentil Soup
Looking for an easy weeknight dinner? Warm up with this calming turmeric lentil soup!
A good soup is one that fills you up and nourishes your body. But a great soup is packed with flavor and comforts you like a big warm hug – and that’s exactly what you’ll get with this turmeric lentil soup…
Packed with fresh ingredients and complex flavor, this soup is bound to be your new weeknight go-to. It’s simple, quick, and a perfect make-ahead meal.
You’ll get plenty of plant-based protein and fiber from the red lentils, plus the calming benefits of our Golden Mellow Mix.
This powerful blend of Ayurvedic herbs and adaptogens can help you unwind, de-stress, and leave you feeling well-rested. And your body will thank you for the natural anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric and ginger.
So, the next time you’re in need of comfort-in-a-bowl, whip up this turmeric lentil soup and let Golden Mellow work its magic!
TURMERIC LENTIL SOUP RECIPE
Serves 1-2 | VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE
• 1 tbsp Golden Mellow Mix
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 yellow onion, finely diced
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 medium carrot, finely diced
• 1 medium tomato, finely diced
• 1 1/2 cups dry red lentils
• 4 cups vegetable broth
• 1 cup coconut milk
• 1 cup tomato purée
• 1/2 tsp ground cumin
• 1/2 tsp curry powder
• Salt and pepper to taste
• optional: 1 cup of spinach
- In a large pot, add the olive oil, onion, and garlic and simmer until translucent.
- Add the ground cumin and curry powder and stir well.
- Stir in the carrot and tomato and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lentils, vegetable broth, coconut milk and tomato purée and let simmer until the lentils are soft. About 20 minutes. If using, stir in the fresh spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir in the Golden Mellow Mix.
- Pour into a bowl and enjoy!