Skip the canned stuff this holiday season! Our healthy cranberry sauce recipe is easy to make and tastes delicious.
There’s mashed potatoes, yams, and stuffing… but nothing ties a holiday meal together quite like cranberry sauce.
It’s fresh, tart, and goes great with a rich, savory plate. (Bonus: cranberries are packed with antioxidants and vitamin C – which your body can really use during cold and flu season!)
But before you run out for cran-in-a-can, head to the kitchen and make this homemade cranberry sauce instead! Unlike the jellied stuff, this recipe is free of high-fructose corn syrup and preservatives. Instead, it contains fresh fruit and our antioxidant-rich Forever Beautiful mix.
This beauty-boosting mix contains 6 powerful skinfoods, plus your daily recommended value of vitamin C.
Getting ready for Thanksgiving? This healthy cranberry sauce comes together in less than 15 minutes and will last through days of yummy leftovers. We hope you enjoy!
EASY HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE
Makes 1 ½ cups | VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE
- 1 tsp Forever Beautiful mix
- Zest of 1 medium (organic) orange
- 12 ounces (1 bag) fresh cranberries
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Rinse the cranberries and orange well.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberries, maple syrup and water. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries have popped and the mixture has thickened to your liking, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and stir in the orange zest, cinnamon, and Forever Beautiful mix. Taste and, if the mixture is too tart (it should be a little tart) add more maple syrup.
- The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools. Keep in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 2 weeks.